2022 EQB Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $54,500 MSRP*
- 420 V lithium-ion battery with 70.5 kWh battery capacity producing 225 HP and 288 lb-ft of torque 288 HP and 384 lb-ft of torque (350) with standard 4MATIC® all-wheel drive
- Charge times: 7.5 hours (10 – 100%) using 240V wall box and 32 minutes (10 – 80%) using DC fast charging 110kW
- New-generation MBUX Multimedia System, including Natural Language Understanding and Keyword Activation (“Hey Mercedes”)
- Navigation with Electric Intelligence factors maximum charging power and duration of charging stops into route recommendations
- Interior Widescreen Cockpit creates a futuristic environment in which to control the vehicle and MBUX
- Mercedes me Charge provides access to numerous charging stations from various providers
- Electric-inspired design including blue color highlights in the headlamps and a horizontal fiber-optic running strip
About the EQB by Mercedes-EQ
Searching for an all-electric luxury SUV that offers seating for up to 7? The EQB is the latest addition to the growing family of Mercedes-EQ electrified vehicles and offers an unrivaled combination of efficiency, comfort, and versatility. Featuring a compact wheelbase of 111 inches, the EQB offers city-sized maneuverability that doesn’t compromise interior space. Its sophisticated all-electric powertrain is available in two different power configurations, producing 225 horsepower and 288 horsepower respectively. Multiple charging options including DC fast charging capabilities mean that range anxiety is a thing of the past when you drive an EQB. Inside the cabin, the same cutting-edge Mercedes-EQ technological innovations found across the rest of the lineup have made their way into the EQB. Highlights include the latest generation of the MBUX Multimedia System featuring “Hey Mercedes” Keyword Activation. A full suite of active driver-assistive safety features helps the EQB stand out from the crowd.
What the Critics Say
Apart from some head toss—a function of its higher ride height and higher seating position—this little electric Mercedes SUV feels almost as calm and relaxing to be in as an S-Class. In terms of its EV competition, the EQB350 feels nowhere near as busy on poor roads as the stiffly sprung Volvo XC40 Recharge, and generates a lot less road noise than the Tesla Model Y.” – MotorTrend
There are five seats across two rows with an optional pop-up third row of seats. Nicely trimmed door panels, soft leather upholstery, and bright metal trim all lend an upscale look to the EQB’s cabin. The EQB, also like other EQ models, also features lovely rose-gold interior accents.” – Car and Driver
The EQB proves that there’s never been a better time to make the switch to the all-electric driving lifestyle. Cleverly positioned low within the chassis is a sophisticated 420V lithium-ion battery that offers a total of 70.5 kWh of battery capacity. EQB 300 models boast a total system output of 225 horsepower and 288 lb-ft of torque while EQB 350 variants offer 288 horsepower and 384 lb-ft of torque. Regardless of powertrain choice, all models come equipped with the legendary 4MATIC® all-wheel drive system as standard equipment. Standard ECO Assist has the intelligence to predictively compute the most efficient drive characteristics to maximize efficiency.
Helping to eliminate range anxiety concerns, the EQB offers a variety of groundbreaking charging solutions and EV-related technology features to make the most of your drive. Using a 240V wall box installed in your garage, the EQB can charge from 10% to 100% capacity in 7.5 hours when plugged in overnight. You’ll also have the ability to use its advanced DC fast charging capabilities to charge from 10% to 80% in an astounding 32 minutes. Also included as standard, Mercedes me Charge provides access to a growing network of charging stations from various providers across the country. Thanks to its exclusive Navigation with Electric Intelligence, this system considers maximum charging power and duration of charging stops when making route suggestions. The EQB is designed to seamlessly integrate into your lifestyle, helping you enjoy all the benefits and advantages that come from all-electric travel.
Balancing versatility with first-class comfort and innovative technology – the interior of the EQB impresses from every angle. Featuring 3 rows of seating for up to 7 passengers, the EQB also boasts a cavernous 41 inches of front headroom along with 23 cubic feet of rear trunk capacity for carrying all of life’s essentials. Its streamlined dashboard design is accentuated further by aluminum-styled fittings and a stunning Interior Widescreen Cockpit display. This high-definition display is home to the award-wining MBUX infotainment system that now features Natural Language Understanding and Keyword Activation (“Hey Mercedes”). Optional Augmented Reality Navigation revolutionizes the way you explore a new city through advanced machine learning capabilities. A full suite of the most current Driving Assistance systems provides an extra layer of confidence and peace of mind behind the wheel of the EQB.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $54,500 MSRP*
- Dual front and rear electric motors (168kW total), combined 225 horsepower and 288lb-ft of torque
- Advanced 70.5-kWh EV battery with up 243 miles** of range
- LED headlamps and taillamps
- Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX)
- 10.25-inch touchscreen multimedia display
- Starting at $58,050
- Dual front and rear electric motors (215kW total), combined 288 horsepower and 384lb-ft of torque
- Advanced 70.5-kWh EV battery with up 227 miles** of range
- Panorama roof
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Pre-entry climate control
- MB Navigation with Electric Intelligence
*Base MSRP excludes transportation and handling charges, destination charges, taxes, title, registration, preparation and documentary fees, tags, labor and installation charges, insurance, and optional equipment, products, packages and accessories. Options, model availability and actual dealer price may vary. See dealer for details, costs and terms.
**Images may contain European models.
***Images may contain Optional equipment.