2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV
- Starting at $40,700 MSRP*
- Inline-4 turbo, AMG®-enhanced V6 biturbo, or handcrafted AMG® V8 biturbo power, and gas/electric plug-in hybrid powertrain options
- 9-speed automatic transmission (7 on hybrid, AMG® SPEEDSHIFT® on AMG® models)
- Available COMAND® with navigation, 8.4-inch screen, and touchpad controller
- Radar-based Active Brake Assist collision mitigation
- Optional Mercedes me connect featuring smartphone app with Remote Start and 4G LTE WiFi
- Wide selection of hand-fitted upholsteries, from MB-Tex to designo® Nappa leather
- Available 13-speaker Burmester® Surround Sound System
About the Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV
Crisp proportions, a muscular body, and a long wheelbase reflect the meticulous attention to detail and athleticism infused into the Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV. A variety of potent performance options including an electric plug-in hybrid variant allow you and your passengers to ride in sport-sedan style with up to 56.5 cubic feet of cargo space. Technology is a core strength of the GLC SUV, with available features like a touchpad controller, 8.4-inch display, and COMAND® navigation. From supple yet durable MB-Tex to exquisitely soft designo® Nappa leather, you’ll have virtually endless possibilities for tailoring the luxurious interior of the GLC SUV to your exact tastes. A collection of standard and optional systems can monitor all around you, alert you, help you brake, and even react on your behalf to help reduce collisions. Numerous exterior styling packages help your Mercedes-Benz GLC stand out in a sea of average luxury SUVs.
What the Critics Say
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class has a particularly luxurious air. Naturally, it’s a premium compact crossover from a marque renowned for luxury, so such an upscale demeanor isn’t so surprising. But even among its high-quality peers, the GLC has something extra: A little more refinement, an extra touch of sophistication.” — Autotrader
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class really accentuates the ‘premium’ in premium-compact-crossover SUV. Even among illustrious rivals like the Audi Q5 and BMW X3, the luxury factor of the GLC-Class puts it in its own little niche. Using the current C-Class platform as its foundation, the GLC-Class benefits from that built-in refinement, then seals the deal with a plush cabin and unruffled ride.” — Kelley Blue Book
What’s New for 2019
Only a few revisions have been made to the proven Mercedes-Benz GLC for the 2019 model year. Standard features now include heated front seats along with a 155-volt power outlet. New options available this year include tri-zone automatic climate control, several new exterior paint colors, and an Off-Road Engineering package for all-wheel drive models. Plug-in hybrid variants also receive a new 20-inch alloy wheel design.
Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV Features
Combining the commanding presence of an SUV with the road feel of a sports sedan, the stunning Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV offers a remarkable solution to conquering your next challenge. Drivers have their choice of a standard Inline-4 turbo, an available AMG®-enhanced V6 biturbo, optional handcrafted AMG® V8 biturbo, and even a gas/electric plug-in hybrid variant. 4MATIC® all-wheel drive provides the utmost in confidence and stability across all types of road conditions. Smooth, sport-focused, and smart – the GLC 300 comes standard with a 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission featuring DYNAMIC SELECT for a personalized driving experience. You’ll be able to hit the streets with poise thanks to a race-inspired 4-wheel multilink suspension that clings to curves yet glides over bumps. Chiseled proportions and chrome details reflect the perfected balance of athleticism and elegance of the Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV.
To complement your never-ending thirst for adventure, the upscale interior of the GLC SUV has the passenger room and cargo-carrying capabilities that fit your mood, your gear, and your loved ones. Hand-fitted upholstery options range from soft yet durable MB-Tex to supple designo® Nappa leather. Hand-finished wood trim is offered in as many as 5 low-sheen or glossy accents. Audiophiles can opt for the Burmester® SURROUND SOUND which fill the cabin via 13 high-quality speakers with exquisitely drilled metal grilles. Optional heated and ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, and a heated steering wheel ensure that you’ll remain comfortable regardless of the exterior temperature. New 3-zone climate control ensures personalized comfort for all occupants as well. Available multicolor ambient lighting along with white illuminated front door sills provides a calming aura of relaxation inside the GLC SUV.
Technology & Safety Innovations
With the Instrument Cluster Display and the multimedia display, drivers can select from Classic, Sport, Progressive, and Understated moods to personalize the feel of the interior. The optional MBUX Interior Assistant also allows intuitive, natural operation of different comfort and MBUX functions through movement recognition. Intelligent Voice Control has also been improved with Natural Langauge Understanding, and is activated by the keyword “Hey Mercedes”.
Groundbreaking safety technologies help make the 2020 GLE one of the safest luxury SUVs available in today’s marketplace. The latest generation of Mercedes-Benz driver assistance systems gives cooperative support to the driver. These include Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC®, Active Brake Assist with Cross-Traffic Function, and Active Stop-and-Go Assist. To recognize traffic jams, Active Stop-and-Go Assist evaluates the road category, speed, and distances from vehicles traveling ahead and in adjacent lanes.
Trims & Specs
GLC 300 SUV
- Starting at $40,700 MSRP*
- 2.0L inline-4 turbo with Direct Injection (241 HP / 273 lb-ft TQ) and 9G-TRONIC 9-speed with shift paddles
- Power, heated front seats with 3-position driver-seat memory
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers, heated windshield washers
- 40/20/40-split folding rear seatbacks with power release
- 7-inch high-resolution color central screen with console-mounted rotary central controller
GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV
- Starting at $42,700 MSRP*
- 4MATIC® permanent all-wheel drive with Torque Vectoring Brake
- Adaptive braking technology: Predictive Brake Priming, Automatic Brake Drying, Hill-Start Assist, and brake HOLD feature
- Available Burmester® Surround Sound System
- Power tilt/telescoping steering column
- Power liftgate
GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Starting at $50,650 MSRP*
- 2.0L inline-4 turbo with Direct Injection + 85kW plug-in electric motor (315 HP / 413 lb-ft TQ)
- Plug-In Hybrid Drive with 4 driving modes
- Radar-based Regenerative Braking System
- SmartKey remote locking with KEYLESS-START
- Multifunction steering wheel with Nappa leather trim
*Base MSRP excludes transportation and handling charges, destination charges, taxes, title, registration, preparation and documentary fees, tags, labor and installation charges, insurance, and optional equipment, products, packages and accessories. Actual vehicle price may vary by Dealer.