2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV
- Starting at $42,500 MSRP*
- Inline-4 turbo, AMG-enhanced V6 biturbo, or handcrafted AMG V8 biturbo power, and gas/electric plug-in hybrid powertrain options
- 9-speed automatic transmission (7 on hybrid, AMG SPEEDSHIFT® on AMG models)
- Standard Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) with 10.25-inch touchscreen multimedia display and Apple CarPlay / Android Auto integration
- Radar-based Active Brake Assist collision mitigation
- Optional Mercedes me connect featuring smartphone app with Remote Start and 4G LTE WiFi
- Wide selection of hand-fitted upholsteries, from MB-Tex to designo Nappa leather
- Available 13-speaker Burmester® Surround Sound System
About the Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV
Crisp proportions, a muscular body, and a long wheelbase reflect the meticulous attention to detail and athleticism infused into the Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV. A variety of potent performance options including an electric plug-in hybrid variant allow you and your passengers to ride in sport-sedan style with up to 56.5 cubic feet of cargo space. Technology is a core strength of the GLC SUV, with available features like Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX), Apple CarPlay integration, and an available 10.25-inch display screen. From supple yet durable MB-Tex to exquisitely soft designo Nappa leather, you’ll have virtually endless possibilities for tailoring the luxurious interior of the GLC SUV to your exact tastes. A collection of standard and optional systems can monitor all around you, alert you, help you brake, and even react on your behalf to help reduce collisions. Numerous exterior styling packages help your Mercedes-Benz GLC stand out in a sea of average luxury SUVs.
What the Critics Say
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC-class is the company’s best-selling model because it combines the style and versatility that consumers want. Mercedes-Benz’s compact crossover pampers passengers with a luxurious interior and provides more space than most sedan trunks.” — Car and Driver
In a group of small luxury all-stars such as the Audi Q5, BMW X3, Porsche Macan and Volvo XC60, the Mercedes-Benz GLC remains a benchmark. Progress happens fast in this class, but the GLC’s enhancements for 2020, particularly the MBUX infotainment, keep it a step ahead of its peers.” — Edmunds
What’s New for 2020
For the 2020 model year, the Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV receives an array of updates and revisions that are sure to excite luxury SUV shoppers. On the exterior of the GLC SUV, you’ll notice a restyled grille, new front and rear bumpers, along with updated LED headlights and taillights. Thanks to engineering advancements, its standard turbocharged 4-cylinder engine produces 14 more horsepower compared to last year. GLC 350e models also get a larger battery pack for greater range and performance. Perhaps the most significant update to the GLC SUV is the addition of the Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) system. You’ll now have the ability control phone, navigation, entertainment, and various cabin functions through natural voice commands.
Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV Features
Combining the commanding presence of an SUV with the road feel of a sports sedan, the stunning Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV offers a remarkable solution to conquering your next challenge. Drivers have their choice of a standard Inline-4 turbo, an available AMG-enhanced V6 biturbo, optional handcrafted AMG V8 biturbo, and even a gas/electric plug-in hybrid variant. 4MATIC all-wheel drive provides the utmost in confidence and stability across all types of road conditions. Smooth, sport-focused, and smart – the GLC 300 comes standard with a 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission featuring DYNAMIC SELECT for a personalized driving experience. You’ll be able to hit the streets with poise thanks to a race-inspired 4-wheel multilink suspension that clings to curves yet glides over bumps. Chiseled proportions and chrome details reflect the perfected balance of athleticism and elegance of the Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV.
To complement your never-ending thirst for adventure, the upscale interior of the GLC SUV has the passenger room and cargo-carrying capabilities that fit your mood, your gear, and your loved ones. Hand-fitted upholstery options range from soft yet durable MB-Tex to supple designo Nappa leather. Hand-finished wood trim is offered in as many as 5 low-sheen or glossy accents. Audiophiles can opt for the Burmester® SURROUND SOUND which fill the cabin via 13 high-quality speakers with exquisitely drilled metal grilles. Optional heated and ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, and a heated steering wheel ensure that you’ll remain comfortable regardless of the exterior temperature. New 3-zone climate control ensures personalized comfort for all occupants as well. Available multicolor ambient lighting along with white illuminated front door sills provides a calming aura of relaxation inside the GLC SUV.
Technology & Safety Innovations
Technology remains a key strength of the Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV. Positioned in the center of the dashboard, a high-definition 10.25-inch touchscreen multimedia display. One unique characteristic of this system is “Hey, Mercedes” keyword activation. This component of the MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) system responds to everyday language, like you’re talking to another person. It even has the ability to understand phrases over time for improved functionality. Other standard connectivity features include Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, **Bluetooth audio streaming, and dual USB-C audio ports.
Groundbreaking safety innovations help elevate the GLC SUV above the competition. The latest generation of Mercedes-Benz driver assistance systems gives cooperative support to the driver. These include Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC®, Active Brake Assist with Cross-Traffic Function, and Active Stop-and-Go Assist. To recognize traffic jams, Active Stop-and-Go Assist evaluates the road category, speed, and distances from vehicles traveling ahead and in adjacent lanes.
Trims & Specs
GLC 300 SUV
- Starting at $42,500 MSRP*
- 2.0L inline-4 turbo with Direct Injection (255 HP / 273 lb-ft TQ) and 9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic transmission with shift paddles
- Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) with 10.25-inch display screen
- KEYLESS-START and Remote Start via Mercedes me Mobile App
- Power, heated front seats with 3-position driver-seat memory
- Blind Spot Assist with Exit Warning Assist
GLC 300 4MATIC SUV
- Starting at $44,500 MSRP*
- 4MATIC permanent all-wheel drive with Torque Vectoring Brake
- Adaptive braking technology: Predictive Brake Priming, Automatic Brake Drying, Hill-Start Assist, and brake HOLD feature
- Available Burmester® Surround Sound System
- Power tilt/telescoping steering column
- Power liftgate
GLC 350e 4MATIC SUV
- Starting MSRP Coming Soon
- 2.0L inline-4 turbo with Direct Injection + 13.5 kWh battery pack and electric motor (315 HP / 516 lb-ft TQ)
- Plug-In Hybrid Drive with 4 driving modes
- Radar-based Regenerative Braking System
- SmartKey remote locking with KEYLESS-START
- Multifunction steering wheel with Nappa leather trim
*Base MSRP excludes transportation and handling charges, destination charges, taxes, title, registration, preparation and documentary fees, tags, labor and installation charges, insurance, and optional equipment, products, packages and accessories. Actual vehicle price may vary by Dealer.