45 MPG EPA Highway Rating for 2014 E250 BlueTEC Sedan
The newest member of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class is making quite the entrance. The 2014 E250 BlueTEC Sedan was recently awarded an impressive estimated EPA rating of 45 mpg on the highway and 28 mpg city. It is also the first diesel E-Class to be available with the 4MATIC system. E-Class drivers with the 4MATIC can expect an EPA estimated rating of 42 mpg highway and 27 mpg city, which is still pretty notable.
The 2014 E250 BlueTec Sedan has a high-efficiency turbodiesel engine as proven by its EPA estimated fuel efficiency ratings. The fuel pressure for the BlueTEC direct fuel injection system allows the car to have even more power and lower exhaust emissions. The four-cylinder engine uses AdBlue injection to make the diesel as clean as a state-of-the-art gasoline engine.
Along with its impressive EPA estimated rating, the E250 BlueTEC Sedan has Mercedes-Benz Intelligent Drive, an industry-leading active and passive safety technology. Features include:
- Distronic Plus with Steering Assist: radar-based cruise control system with semi-autonomous steering inputs
- Pre-Safe Brake with pedestrian detection: radar and stereo cameras detect vehicles and pedestrians in front of the vehicle and can adjust braking according to the situation and apply full brakes if necessary
- Pre-Safe Plus: rear-facing radar that senses possible rear collisions and prepares the vehicle to help reduce the injury risk for the passengers in a rear-end collision
- BAS Plus with Cross Traffic Assist: reads cross-traffic encounters with stereo cameras and adds appropriate brake assistance
- Active Lane Keeping Assist and Active Blind Spot Protection: assists by corrective one-sided braking
To learn more about the different vehicles in the 2014 E-Class stop by Mercedes-Benz of Easton today!
The post 45 MPG EPA Highway Rating for 2014 E250 BlueTEC Sedan appeared first on Mercedes-Benz of Easton Blog.
Source: Month – Oct 2013