45 MPG EPA Highway Rating for 2014 E 250 BlueTEC® Sedan
The newest member of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class is making quite the entrance. The 2014 E 250 BlueTEC® Sedan was recently awarded an impressive estimated EPA rating of 45 mpg on the highway and 28 mpg city. It is also the first diesel E-Class to be available with the 4MATIC® system. E-Class drivers with the 4MATIC® can expect an EPA estimated rating of 42 mpg highway and 27 mpg city, which is still pretty notable.
The 2014 E 250 BlueTec Sedan has a high-efficiency turbodiesel engine as proven by its EPA estimated fuel efficiency ratings. The fuel pressure for the BlueTEC® direct fuel injection system allows the car to have even more power and lower exhaust emissions. The four-cylinder engine uses AdBlue injection to make the diesel as clean as a state-of-the-art gasoline engine.
Along with its impressive EPA estimated rating, the E 250 BlueTEC® Sedan has Mercedes-Benz Intelligent Drive, an industry-leading active and passive safety technology. Features include:
- Distronic Plus with Steering Assist: radar-based cruise control system with semi-autonomous steering inputs
- Pre-Safe Brake with pedestrian detection: radar and stereo cameras detect vehicles and pedestrians in front of the vehicle and can adjust braking according to the situation and apply full brakes if necessary
- Pre-Safe Plus: rear-facing radar that senses possible rear collisions and prepares the vehicle to help reduce the injury risk for the passengers in a rear-end collision
- BAS® Plus with Cross Traffic Assist: reads cross-traffic encounters with stereo cameras and adds appropriate brake assistance
- Active Lane Keeping Assist and Active Blind Spot Protection: assists by corrective one-sided braking
To learn more about the different vehicles in the 2014 E-Class stop by Mercedes-Benz of Easton today!
The post 45 MPG EPA Highway Rating for 2014 E 250 BlueTEC® Sedan appeared first on Mercedes-Benz of Easton Blog.
Source: Month – Oct 2013