Mercedes-AMG® History & Model Overview
Two Men, Three Letters
Working tirelessly in an effort to sustain and optimize the performance of Mercedes-Benz vehicles, Hans Werner Aufrecht and Erhard Melcher worked as engineers in the Development Department at Daimler-Benz. After earning an established reputation for success in motorsports, the vision of AMG® was to offer road vehicles modeled after successful racing cars earning victories across Europe. In 1967, they founded the “Aufrecht Melcher Großaspach Ingenieurbüro, Konstruktion und Versuch zur Entwicklung von Rennmotoren” (“Aufrecht Melcher Großaspach engineering firm, design and testing for the development of racing engines”).
At the 1971 24 Hours of Spa, the AMG® Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.8 was the champion in its class along with a second-place overall finish. This caused a sensation that spread the AMG® name across the globe. Groundbreaking technologies pioneered at the purpose-built workshop in Affalterbach allowed AMG® to become a world-class engine manufacturer by 1984.
Joining the Family
Following the flood of success, Daimler-Benz AG and AMG® signed a contract that agreed on a partnership, representing the next chapter in the AMG® legacy. Once AMG® products could be sold and maintained through the Mercedes-Benz worldwide network of company-owned sales and service outlets and dealerships, a tremendous boost in demand and customer acceptance soon followed.
As of today, Mercedes-AMG® GmbH currently employs a workforce of more than 1500 at its plant in Affalterbach. The current Mercedes-AMG® model range is not only larger and more varied than ever before, but it is also designed to cater to the most diverse desires and requirements of the customer.
One Man, One Engine Philosophy
AMG® has embraced a single philosophy from the very beginning: One Man — One Engine. As a result, a single master mechanic is responsible for handcrafting every AMG® engine. From a 4-cylinder through a V6 and V8 to a V12 — every engine stands for high agility and dynamic response, combined with superior efficiency and superlative performance. Since every AMG® is also a Mercedes-Benz, acoustic comfort and ride quality – as well as endurance and long-term performance – must always meet the most exacting standards.
Symphonic Sound and Dynamic Handling
Every Mercedes-AMG® features an exhaust system with a powerful and robust rumble, giving each model its very own distinctive sound statement. As a result, every driving situation is supported by the proper sound character. Mercedes-AMG® applies this principle to transform power into driving dynamics, helping to control power and unleash the passion. Every twist and turn instills an invigorating sense of control.
Performance Has Many Faces – Mercedes-AMG® Models
Mercedes-Benz of Easton is your destination for the latest AMG® performance vehicles. If you’re looking for a new or pre-owned Mercedes-Benz AMG® model, you’ll find it among our extensive AMG® inventory. Whether it’s the iconic AMG® C 63 or the capable AMG® GLE 63 — you’re sure to find the ride of your life at Mercedes-Benz of Easton.
AMG® C-Class Sedan
- AMG® C 43 Sedan – Starting at $56,500 MSRP*
- AMG® C 63 Sedan – Starting at $68,600 MSRP*
- AMG® C 63 S Sedan – Starting at $76,200 MSRP*
AMG® E-Class Sedan
- AMG® E 53 Sedan – Starting at $75,000 MSRP*
AMG® CLA Coupe
- AMG® CLA 35 Coupe – Starting at $47,900 MSRP*
- AMG® CLA 45 Coupe – Starting at $55,900 MSRP*
AMG® C-Class Coupe
- AMG® C 43 Coupe – Starting at $59,000 MSRP*
- AMG® C 63 Coupe – Starting at $70,650 MSRP*
- AMG® C 63 S Coupe – Starting at $78,250 MSRP*
AMG® E-Class Coupe
- AMG® E 53 Coupe – Starting at $76,250 MSRP*
AMG® S-Class Coupe
- AMG® S 63 Coupe – Starting at $173,100 MSRP*
AMG® GT 4-Door Coupe
- AMG® GT 43 4-Door Coupe – Starting at $92,500 MSRP*
- AMG® GT 53 4-Door Coupe – Starting at $102,600 MSRP*
AMG® GT Coupe
- AMG® GT Coupe – Starting at $118,600 MSRP*
- AMG® GT Black Series Coupe – Starting at $325,000 MSRP*
AMG® GLA SUV
- AMG® GLA 35 SUV – Starting at $47,550 MSRP*
- AMG® GLA 45 SUV – Starting at $54,500 MSRP*
AMG® GLB SUV
- AMG® GLB 35 SUV – Starting at $49,950 MSRP*
AMG® GLC SUV
- AMG® GLC 43 SUV – Starting at $59,900 MSRP*
AMG® GLC Coupe
- AMG® GLC 43 Coupe – Starting at $66,500 MSRP*
AMG® GLE SUV
- AMG® GLE 53 4MATIC® SUV – Starting at $73,550 MSRP*
AMG® GLE Coupe
- AMG® GLE 53 Coupe – Starting at $76,500 MSRP*
- AMG® GLE 63 S Coupe – Starting at $113,000 MSRP*
AMG® G-Class SUV
- AMG® G 63 SUV – Starting at $156,450 MSRP*
Convertibles & Roadsters
AMG® C-Class Cabriolet
- AMG® C 43 Cabriolet – Starting at $65,500 MSRP*
- AMG® C 63 Cabriolet – Starting at $78,000 MSRP*
- AMG® C 63 S Cabriolet – Starting at $85,600 MSRP*
AMG® E-Class Cabriolet
- AMG® E 53 Cabriolet – Starting at $82,850 MSRP*
AMG® S-Class Cabriolet
- AMG® S 63 Cabriolet – Starting at $185,400 MSRP*
AMG® GT Roadster
- AMG® GT Roadster – Starting at $130,700 MSRP*
- AMG® GT C Roadster – Starting at $165,100 MSRP*
*Base MSRP excludes transportation and handling charges, destination charges, taxes, title, registration, preparation and documentary fees, tags, labor and installation charges, insurance, and optional equipment, products, packages and accessories. Actual vehicle price may vary by Dealer.