2023 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $56,750 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine (255 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque) or available 3.0L inline-6 turbo engine with EQ Boost (362 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque) with 9G-TRONIC 9-Speed automatic transmission
- Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) with Voice Control multimedia system based on Artificial Intelligence
- Available 4MATIC® all-wheel drive system
- Smartphone Integration with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- New-generation multifunction steering wheel with capacitive touch control buttons and galvanized shift paddles
- Standard Blind Spot Assist, Active Brake Assist, and ATTENTION ASSIST®
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and touchscreen multimedia display
About the Mercedes-Benz E-Class
For generations, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan has pioneered groundbreaking safety developments, introduced new luxury features, and inspired imitation from other automakers to emulate its iconic appeal. You’ll enjoy your choice of a standard 2.0-liter inline-4 turbocharged engine with 255 horsepower or an available 3.0-liter inline-6 turbocharged engine producing 362 horsepower. Tailored to suit every driving style, standard DYNAMIC SELECT lets you dial in its driving character with a few taps of a console-mounted paddle. Another hallmark of the E-Class legacy has been class-leading safety innovations and today’s model is no exception with several standard advanced safety features. Both drivers and passengers alike will experience unrivaled comfort from the luxurious interior of the E-Class. Every E-Class now comes equipped with the ingenious Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) with Voice Control multimedia system for a revolutionary way to access your favorite infotainment features.
What the Critics Say
The E-class's cabin is beautifully detailed with brushed aluminum, lovely wood, and some of the most comfortable seats we've ever tested. Every model comes standard with customizable ambient interior lighting, heated front seats, a 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster, and memory settings for the driver's and front passenger seat.” — Car and Driver
Yes, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class is a good car. It offers several powerful engines, including turbocharged four- and six-cylinder options and a twin-turbo V8. Ride quality is outstanding, and few other luxury midsize cars can match this Mercedes’ interior opulence. The cabin is quiet and posh, with comfortable seats and plenty of standard tech features.” — U.S. News & World Report
What’s New for 2023
Changes are quite minimal for the iconic Mercedes-Benz E-Class and the 2023 model year. This year, the previously optional metallic paint colors are now available as standard across the E-Class model range. E 53 Sedan 4MATIC® models now come standard with Nappa Leather upholstery as well. Otherwise, the E-Class is back essentially unchanged from the prior model year.
Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Features
Performance & Driver Assistance
You have numerous powertrain options to choose from with the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan. Included as standard is a 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine which produces 255 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque. If you crave more power, the optional 3.0-liter inline-6 turbocharged engine boasts 362 horsepower along with 369 lb-ft of torque. A standard 9G-TRONIC 9-speed with shift paddles provides lightning-quick gear changes for instantaneous response. Available 4MATIC® all-wheel drive gives the E-Class stability and confidence in all weather conditions. The standard ECO-START®/Stop system helps maximize your fuel efficiency in stop-and-go traffic. DYNAMIC SELECT gives drivers the ability to fine-tune the driving character of the E-Class.
While offering an elegantly athletic exterior design, the interior of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan is thoughtfully crafted to awaken your senses. An optional Air Balance cabin-air ionizer and aromatherapy system helps you relax with continuous fresh air inside the cabin. A panoramic 12.3-inch screen centralizes navigation, entertainment, and countless comfort features using sharper graphics and more intuitive menus. Standard MB Navigation helps get you to your destination effortlessly with 3D maps, live traffic, searching via Yelp or HERE™, along with lane advice before turns. Expertly-sculpted seats are tailored to match the muscles in your body for superior comfort. Sweeping from door-to-door, exotic yet sustainable woods add a luxurious accent to the interior while 64-color LED ambiance helps set the mood.
Safety has been a hallmark of the E-Class Sedan for decades and today’s model is no exception to this tradition. Featuring Car-to-X Communication, the E-Class is connected to a centralized information source that can send you in-car updates about driving conditions and potential hazards before you get to them. An industry-first, PRESAFE® Sound can sense an impending collision, and emit a safe “pink noise” via the audio system to pre-trigger your ears’ natural defense against the loud noises of an accident. In the event of a side collision, PRESAFE® Impulse Side can rapidly inflate the front-seat bolster to move you further from an intrusion and help reduce the forces of impact. DRIVE PILOT takes intelligent cruise control to a new level with the ability to change lanes with just a touch of the turn-signal lever.
Trims & Specs
E 350 Sedan
- Starting at $56,750 MSRP*
- 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine (255 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque)
- Power tilt/sliding tinted glass sunroof
- Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX)
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Power front seats with memory
E 350 4MATIC® Sedan
- Starting at $59,250 MSRP*
- 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive with ESP® Dynamic Cornering Assist
- All-LED exterior lighting
- Car-to-X Communication
- Electronic trunk closer
- 64-color LED ambient lighting
E 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Starting at $65,550 MSRP*
- 3.0L inline-6 turbo engine with EQ Boost (362 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque)
- Optional Active multicontour front seats with massage
- Adaptive braking technology with Crosswind Assist
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Available Burmester Surround Sound system
*Base MSRP excludes transportation and handling charges, destination charges, taxes, title, registration, preparation and documentary fees, tags, labor and installation charges, insurance, and optional equipment, products, packages and accessories. Actual vehicle price may vary by Dealer.
**Burmester® is a registered trademark of Burmester Audiosysteme GmbH, Berlin, Germany.