2019 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Overview
- Starting at $53,500 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine w/Direct Injection producing 241 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque
- Standard 4-wheel multilink suspension with selective damping and available 4MATIC® all-wheel drive
- Adaptive braking technology: Predictive Brake Priming, Automatic Brake Drying, Hill-Start Assist, and brake HOLD feature
- COMAND® system with console-mounted touchpad/rotary controller and 12.3-inch high-resolution color central screen
- 5 years of Mercedes-Benz mbrace® Connect services
- Standard Power tilt/sliding glass sunroof
- Heated, power front seats with 3-position memory
About the Mercedes-Benz E-Class
For generations, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan has pioneered groundbreaking safety developments, introduced new luxury features, and inspired imitation from other automakers to emulate its iconic appeal. You’ll enjoy your choice of a standard 2.0-liter inline-4 turbocharged engine with 241 horsepower or an available 3.0-liter V6 biturbo engine producing 362 horsepower. Tailored to suit every driving style, standard DYNAMIC SELECT lets you dial in its driving character with a few taps of a console-mounted paddle. Another hallmark of the E-Class legacy has been class-leading safety innovations and the 2019 model is no exception with several standard advanced safety features. Both drivers and passengers alike will experience unrivaled comfort from the luxurious interior of the E-Class. The standard Mercedes-Benz COMAND® system with console-mounted touchpad/rotary controller gives you complete control of information, media, and navigation.
What the Critics Say
Elegantly styled inside and out, the E-class lineup pampers its occupants in the best Mercedes-Benz tradition and makes long-distance drives feel like jaunts across town. A turbocharged four-cylinder engine is standard and provides adequate power, but the available twin-turbo V-6 is a silken, authoritative engine that we’d recommend wholeheartedly.” — Car and Driver
Yes, the E-Class is an excellent car. From its quality materials to its state-of-the-art technology, this Mercedes-Benz has one of the finest cabins in the luxury midsize car class. The seats are splendidly comfortable, though this isn’t one of the roomiest cars around. Its driving dynamics create a nice balance between laid-back cruising and enthusiastic maneuvering, complemented by a lineup of compelling powertrains.” — U.S. News & World Report
What’s New for 2019
A few adjustments have been made to the Mercedes-Benz E-Class sedan for the 2019 model year. Last year’s E 400 sedan has been replaced by a new E 450 model which is powered by a more robust V6 engine that features 33 additional horsepower compared to the outgoing model. The remaining changes are relatively minor. A new three-spoke steering wheel is now included as standard. Two new trim options add unique enhancements to the interior. A new 19-inch alloy wheel design is now offered along with a new Rear Safety Package which includes rear side-impact airbags and rear-seat seatbelt airbags for the ultimate in protection.
Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Features
Performance & Driver Assistance
You have numerous powertrain options to choose from with the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan. Included as standard is a 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine which produces 241 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque. If you crave more power, the optional 3.0-liter V6 biturbo engine boasts 362 horsepower along with 369 lb-ft of torque. A standard 9G-TRONIC 9-speed with shift paddles provides lightning-quick gear changes for instantaneous response. Available 4MATIC® all-wheel drive gives the E-Class stability and confidence in all weather conditions. The standard ECO-START®/Stop system helps maximize your fuel efficiency in stop-and-go traffic. DYNAMIC SELECT gives drivers the ability to fine-tune the driving character of the E-Class.
While offering an elegantly athletic exterior design, the interior of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan is thoughtfully crafted to awaken your senses. An optional Air Balance cabin-air ionizer and aromatherapy system helps you relax with continuous fresh air inside the cabin. A panoramic 12.3-inch screen centralizes navigation, entertainment and countless comfort features using sharper graphics and more intuitive menus. COMAND® navigation helps get you to your destination effortlessly with 3D maps, live traffic, searching via Yelp or HERE™, along with lane advice before turns. Expertly-sculpted seats are tailored to match the muscles in your body for superior comfort. Sweeping from door-to-door, exotic yet sustainable woods add a luxurious accent to the interior while 64-color LED ambience helps set the mood.
Safety has been a hallmark for the E-Class Seadn for decades and the 2018 model is no exception to this tradition. As the first production car with Car‑to‑X Communication, the E-Class is connected to a centralized information source which can send you in-car updates about driving conditions and potential hazards before you get to them. An industry first, PRESAFE® Sound can sense an impending collision, and emit a safe “pink noise” via the audio system to pre-trigger your ears’ natural defense against the loud noises of an accident. In the event of a side collision, PRESAFE® Impulse Side can rapidly inflate the front-seat bolster to move you further from an intrusion and help reduce the forces of impact. DRIVE PILOT takes intelligent cruise control in a new level with the ability to change lanes with just a touch of the turn-signal lever.
2019 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Awards & Accolades
A testament to the Mercedes-Benz commitment to engineering the safest vehicles on the road, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan received a 2019 IIHS Top Safety Pick + selection. To qualify for 2019 Top Safety Pick +, a vehicle must earn good ratings in the driver-side small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength and head restraint tests, as well as an acceptable or good rating in the passenger-side small overlap front test. It also must earn an advanced or superior rating for front crash prevention and a good headlight rating.
Trims & Specs
E 300 Sedan
- Starting at $53,500 MSRP*
- 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine w/Direct Injection producing 241 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque
- COMAND® system with touchpad controller and 12.3-inch high-resolution central display
- 64-color LED ambient lighting
- COMAND® hard-drive navigation with 3 years of navigation map updates
- Remote Start via Mercedes me Mobile App
E 300 4MATIC® Sedan
- Starting at $56,000 MSRP*
- 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive with ESP® Dynamic Cornering Assist
- Power front seats with memory
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- 5 years of Mercedes-Benz mbrace® Connect
- LED Daytime Running Lamps, Headlamps, and Taillamps
E 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Starting at $59,950 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter V6 Biturbo Engine with 329 horsepower / 354 lb-ft of torque with 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive
- Adaptive braking technology with Crosswind Assist
- Car-to-X Communication with PRESAFE® and PRESAFE® Sound
- *Bluetooth® audio streaming, Dual USB audio ports, HD Radio receiver, and FrontBass system
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
*Excludes all options, taxes, title registration, $995 transportation charge and dealer preparation fees.