2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $52,950 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine w/Direct Injection producing 241 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque
- Standard 4-wheel multilink suspension with selective damping and available 4MATIC® all-wheel drive
- Adaptive braking technology: Predictive Brake Priming, Automatic Brake Drying, Hill-Start Assist, and brake HOLD feature
- COMAND® system with console-mounted touchpad/rotary controller and 12.3-inch high-resolution color central screen
- 5 years of Mercedes-Benz mbrace® Connect services
- Standard Power tilt/sliding glass sunroof
- Heated, power front seats with 3-position memory
About the Mercedes-Benz E-Class
For generations, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan has pioneered groundbreaking safety developments, introduced new luxury features, and inspired imitation from other automakers to emulate its iconic appeal. You’ll enjoy your choice of a standard 2.0-liter inline-4 turbocharged engine with 241 horsepower or an available 3.0-liter V6 biturbo engine producing 329 horsepower. Tailored to suit every driving style, standard DYNAMIC SELECT lets you dial in its driving character with a few taps of a console-mounted paddle. Another hallmark of the E-Class legacy has been class-leading safety innovations and the 2018 model is no exception with several standard advanced safety features. Both drivers and passengers alike will experience unrivaled comfort from the luxurious interior of the E-Class. The standard Mercedes-Benz COMAND® system with console-mounted touchpad/rotary controller gives you complete control of information, media, and navigation.
What the Critics Say
Whether you value comfort, performance or technology in your midsize luxury sedan, coupe, convertible or wagon, the 2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class should be right at the top of your list.” – Edmunds
The E-Class could easily have backed off on dramatic styling change. It hasn’t. It’s embrace®d the long-nose, short-deck sweep that’s recast the C-Class and S-Class as the most stylish cars in their respective classes.” – The Car Connection
Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Features
Performance & Driver Assistance
You have numerous powertrain options to choose from with the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan. Included as standard is a 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine which produces 241 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque. If you crave more power, the optional 3.0-liter V6 biturbo engine boasts 329 horsepower along with 354 lb-ft of torque. A standard 9G-TRONIC 9-speed with shift paddles provides lightning-quick gear changes for instantaneous response. Available 4MATIC® all-wheel drive gives the E-Class stability and confidence in all weather conditions. The standard ECO Start/Stop system helps maximize your fuel efficiency in stop-and-go traffic. DYNAMIC SELECT gives drivers the ability to fine-tune the driving character of the E-Class.
While offering an elegantly athletic exterior design, the interior of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan is thoughtfully crafted to awaken your senses. An optional Air Balance cabin-air ionizer and aromatherapy system helps you relax with continuous fresh air inside the cabin. A panoramic 12.3-inch screen centralizes navigation, entertainment and countless comfort features using sharper graphics and more intuitive menus. COMAND® navigation helps get you to your destination effortlessly with 3D maps, live traffic, searching via Yelp or HERE™, along with lane advice before turns. Expertly-sculpted seats are tailored to match the muscles in your body for superior comfort. Sweeping from door-to-door, exotic yet sustainable woods add a luxurious accent to the interior while 64-color LED ambience helps set the mood.
Safety has been a hallmark for the E-Class Seadn for decades and the 2018 model is no exception to this tradition. As the first production car with Car‑to‑X Communication, the E-Class is connected to a centralized information source which can send you in-car updates about driving conditions and potential hazards before you get to them. An industry first, PRESAFE® Sound can sense an impending collision, and emit a safe “pink noise” via the audio system to pre-trigger your ears’ natural defense against the loud noises of an accident. In the event of a side collision, PRESAFE® Impulse Side can rapidly inflate the front-seat bolster to move you further from an intrusion and help reduce the forces of impact. DRIVE PILOT takes intelligent cruise control in a new level with the ability to change lanes with just a touch of the turn-signal lever.
2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Awards & Accolades
In 2017, the experts at WardsAuto named the 2.0-Liter Turbocharged DOHC 4-Cylinder engine found in the Mercedes-Benz E-Class to their list of 10 Best Engines. “Editors chose this “unassuming but capable” Mercedes-Benz I-4 turbo as the one that “does it all: smooth and quiet at start-up and idle, rev-happy and ready to run and capable of 27 mpg (8.7 L/100 km) under an occasional heavy foot.”
A testament to the Mercedes-Benz commitment to engineering the safest vehicles on the road, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan received a 2018 IIHS Top Safety Pick + selection. To qualify for 2018 Top Safety Pick +, a vehicle must earn good ratings in the driver-side small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength and head restraint tests, as well as an acceptable or good rating in the passenger-side small overlap front test. It also must earn an advanced or superior rating for front crash prevention and a good headlight rating.
Trims & Specs
E 300 Sedan
- Starting at $52,950 MSRP*
- 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine w/Direct Injection producing 241 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque
- COMAND® system with touchpad controller and 12.3-inch high-resolution central display
- 64-color LED ambient lighting
- COMAND® hard-drive navigation with 3 years of navigation map updates
- Remote Start via Mercedes me Mobile App
E 300 4MATIC® Sedan
- Starting at $55,450 MSRP*
- 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive with ESP® Dynamic Cornering Assist
- Power front seats with memory
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- 5 years of Mercedes-Benz mbrace® Connect
- LED Daytime Running Lamps, Headlamps, and Taillamps
E 400 4MATIC® Sedan
- Starting at $58,900 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter V6 Biturbo Engine with 329 horsepower / 354 lb-ft of torque with 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive
- Adaptive braking technology with Crosswind Assist
- Car-to-X Communication with PRESAFE® and PRESAFE® Sound
- *Bluetooth® audio streaming, Dual USB audio ports, HD Radio receiver, and FrontBass system
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
*Excludes all options, taxes, title registration, $995 transportation charge and dealer preparation fees.